Listen on Spotify https://spoti.fi/3beyrOZ
Listen on Apple Podcasts https://apple.co/3vTA6Bh
Listen on Google https://bit.ly/3f5ER41
For the first time ever, our Director and Franchisor has spoken publicly about how she came to take over The Passionate PA at just 26, and the effects that choice has had on her as a person.
“Starting a business is never easy, but doing so at just 26 with the weight of the world on my shoulders was probably one of the hardest challenges of my life. It’s a choice that has made me ultimately very happy, but the initial years were a rollercoaster of emotions, challenges, excitement and continuous feelings of not being ‘enough’.”
Kate Chastey was delighted to be asked to talk to Warren Munson, long-time supporter of The Passionate PA. The team at the Evolve to Succeed Podcast did a superb job of creating the finished recording.
Kate said “this was a wonderful opportunity to share my business story and talk so openly with Warren about the things I hold so dear. Creating a life I don’t need a holiday from is 100% my personal definition of success and it was great to discuss that with Warren.”
In this episode, Kate and Warren also talk about:
- How Kate’s early work experience with an entrepreneurial celebrity shaped her belief in what a PA could be and what she now feels a modern PA should be for entrepreneurs
- How her early career in advertising agencies helped her learn so much about people, leadership and performance – and gave her the grounding for the leader she is today
- Kate’s experience of Imposter Syndrome when she took over the business and found herself with very big shoes to fill
- Our route into franchising with Kate’s ‘build it as we go’ approach and her fierce commitment to the people that choose to partner with her as Passionate PAs
- How Kate’s father influenced her view of corporate life and financial security, and to this day still thinks she should get a ‘proper job’
- And, of course, how all this has effected Kate’s personal life and given her a truly unique mantra to live by… “Create a life you don’t need a holiday from.”
“My definition of success is being able to enjoy every single day whilst adding real value to the people around me. It’s not about money. Success, to me, is about fulfilment – and understanding that it is all about NOW rather than one day in the future.”
Further blogs from The Passionate PA: