Emily has been involved in business since she was old enough to walk as her family ran the Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy (WPNSA). She is now a qualified and experienced Human Resources professional having spent 10 years with SMEs and global engineering companies, honing her skills in people management and business strategy. Emily has a passion for growing businesses and doing things exceptionally well, now specialising in HR, Learning and Development, Project Management, Events and Business Administration. Emily joined us as The Passionate PA in Weymouth in July 2020 and is now working with ambitious business leaders throughout West Dorset.
- Human Resources
- Learning and Development
- Event Management
- Business Strategy
- Database Management
- Process Mapping and Management
- All things admin and organisation
- Project Management
- Supplier Management
- Competitor Analysis
- Microsoft Applications
- CRM systems
- Concierge and Travel Planning
- And much, much more!
Emily's Professional Highlights
Emily grew up in a family that adores life by the sea. From 1986 to 2010 her parents ran The Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy (WPNSA). It’s here that Emily spent her teenage years learning all there is to know about rolling up her sleeves and getting on with what’s needed; from cleaning the showers and serving in the shop, to waitressing and general admin. Throughout her college and university years, alongside her studies, Emily was her mum’s ‘right-hand girl’, learning about bookkeeping, employee engagement, customer relationship management, forecasting/budgeting, business strategy and marketing. There was never a dull moment!
After completing a BSc in Management at the University of Southampton in 2010, and with her parents selling their business, Emily was offered the fantastic role of full-time Management Assistant at WPNSA by the new operating company. With the 2012 Olympics looming, this was a truly unique opportunity to strengthen the theory she had gained throughout her degree, and take the reins on some key areas within the business such as Event Planning, HR Management, Membership Management, Finance and Bookkeeping. It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to embrace the challenges of a growing business whilst preparing for the Olympics, and Emily loved every moment of it.
After leaving WPNSA, Emily went on to work with some of Dorset’s greatest engineering companies. Developing her career through various HR roles, she found her passion for people and Learning & Development. The next 8 years saw Emily achieve incredible things which now give her a solid grounding for helping entrepreneurial businesses in her role as The Passionate PA for Weymouth.
Emily’s career highlights have included:
- Completing her masters in HR Management with Bournemouth University and becoming a recognised Chartered Member of the CIPD
- Achieving level 7 CIPD Advanced Diploma in HR Management
- Developing Change Programmes in line with company visions and management takeovers
- Creating Apprenticeship schemes – and winning the 2017 ‘Outstanding Contribution to Apprenticeships Award’ with the Dorset Chamber for her work within Atlas Elektronik UK (Atlas also won the ‘Young Chamber Award’ that year for Emily’s efforts with schools liaison… which happens to be how she met Kate!)
- At Atlas, Emily also developed a Leadership Programme to future proof the company and create a consistent, authentic and effective leadership style for current and future senior managers
- She became a qualified in-house MBTI Practitioner in order to support an internal mentoring programme, individual personal development initiatives, team development and coaching
- In her last employed role, Emily developed the full ‘Employee Lifecycle’ from recruitment right through to leaver, to ensure the desired business outcomes of successful selection, recruitment, retention and growth.
Emily is exceptionally qualified, but she is also an incredible ‘doer’ with a keen eye for business strategy and people management. She excels at project management and helping clients implement structure and processes to achieve their overall vision.
In July 2020 Emily became a franchisee with The Passionate PA to fulfil her life-long ambition of running her own business with varied work and the sorts of clients that make your heart skip a beat. Emily lives in Weymouth with her husband and beautiful little boy – and when she’s not with them, or running her business, she’ll be in the water or enjoying the outdoors life.
Things Emily Loves
Unforgettable family moments
Holidays with the Hubby
Her cheeky little boy
Anything with her sister
Days out on the water
Adventures with her best friend
What Emily's professional connections say…
Meet The Passionate PAs
Each of our Passionate PAs has an extensive skill set and varied business background. We are all business owners and come together as #TeamPassionatePA with a shared ethos; to make a difference to our clients’ lives through our unwavering motivation, striking efficiency and remarkable ability to simply ‘make things happen’.