The Passionate PA is often called upon by growing companies to provide an entirely confidential and professional Board Minuting service. We pride ourselves on shaping our services to suit the needs of individual clients. The Talent Showcase below offers an insight into the work Jenni Bowman does with Just Shutters Franchise Ltd.
Just Shutters Franchise Ltd are proud to have created the best-loved shutter company in the UK. Their chosen growth model is franchising because it is the perfect way to work with likeminded entrepreneurs who are as passionate about great business and customer service as they are. The Head Office team provide their franchisees with incredible support and systems they have developed over many years, as well as a training and marketing package that is second-to-none.
Just Shutters has successfully established franchises in 17 regions across the UK and are growing all the time!
The Initial Problem
With a growing business and a dedicated team, Just Shutters realised that the traditional means of taking board minutes was not just time consuming for key staff, but also not the best use of their skill set. As the business developed there was also a requirement to ensure that governance and best practice were high on the agenda. Back in 2018 the Managing Director of Just Shutters, Simon Osterloh, decided that outsourcing this key responsibility to a trusted supplier may be just the approach needed to ensure the Management Team could continue to perform at the top of their industry.
The Passionate PA provides bespoke minuting services which allows clients to ‘pick and mix’ the style and responsibilities they wish to outsource. As a team we have experience of working with start-ups, family businesses, growing entrepreneurial companies and even global household names. We have seen businesses through all stages – from an idea to management buy-out, rapid growth and periods of stagnation.
Below is the list of tasks we offer to take on in relation to Minute Taking:
- Agenda Preparation & Distribution – following a standardised template, in line with industry best practice
- Calendar Appointments – scheduling when, where, who and for how long with reminders as necessary
- Department Report Preparation – assisting department heads with the collation and presentation of important information
- Chairperson Support – in whatever guise this may take, from pre-meeting calls to collating document packs
- Meeting Attendance – as specified by the client and their team
- Minuting – verbatim or synopsis, whatever is right for the client and their business culture
- Minutes Distribution & Approval – liaising with all to create one approved and accurate record
- Task List Generation – from discussions and action points in the meeting
- Task List Management – checking in with key people throughout the month to ensure tasks are completed fully and on time
- Meeting Development – assisting clients in creating structure and effective time management of meetings
Jenni Bowman has been working with Just Shutters since she became The Passionate PA for Bournemouth in March 2018. She attends their monthly management meetings and returns draft minutes with action list within 48 hours. Over the time Jenni has been working with Simon and his team, she has become ingrained in their business; learning about franchising, retail, marketing, business growth and the challenges of growing the business. She now does a lot more than ‘just’ take the minutes, she adds value and a fresh perspective when asked to do so.
In Jenni’s words “I absolutely love working with Simon and the rest of the Just Shutters board. Over our time together I have learnt so much about their business and it’s a real privilege to watch their story unfold. They welcome me to every meeting as a trusted and respected member of their team and it’s wonderful to see how much they value my work.”